The Inca Trail Trek in Peru, with breath taking landscapes, stunning scenery and mysterious Inca sites, is one of the most famous footpaths in the world.
Starting in the Inca Capital of Cusco, your first day is spent acclimatising to the 3,200m altitude by taking a trek around the famous Inca sites surrounding Cusco. Following this it’s off to conquer the original Inca Trail that leads to the majestic Sun Gate, and then onto the fascinating ruins of Machu Picchu!
This classic Inca Trail encompasses 3 high mountain passes – the highest being 4,200m. This trek will be tough but rewarding, witness the sight of Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate, the breath taking views across the Andes, and experiencing the history and culture of the Incas, your efforts will be more than worthwhile.
Inca Trail Itinerary
- Day 1 – Depart UK
- Day 2 – Arrive Cusco (3,300m)
- Day 3 – Acclimatisation Trek around the Inca sites. Tambomachay to Sacsayhuaman, then to Cusco. Distance – Approx. 8km
- Day 4 – The Inca Trail! Trek KM82 (2,650m) to Huallyabamba Campsite (3,000m). Distance – Approx. 11km
- Day 5 – Trek Huallyabamba Campsite up to Dead Womens Pass (4,200m). Descend to Pacaymayo Valley Camp (3,600m). Distance – Approx. 11km
- Day 6 – Trek Pacaymayo Valley Campsite up to Runkuraqay Pass (3,950m) & Phuyupatamarka Pass (3,600m). Descend to Winay-Wayna Campsite (2,700m). Distance – Approx. 16km
- Day 7 – Trek Winay-Wayna Campsite to Inti Punku (Sun Gate), then to Machu Picchu! Distance – Approx. 5km
- Day 8 – Free day in Cusco to relax. Celebratory meal in Cusco.
- Day 9 – Depart from Cusco.
- Day 10 – Arrive UK
- Option A: Registration Fee: £349 + £3400 + raise as much sponsorship as you can
- Option B: Registration Fee: £349 + Minimum Sponsorship £1700
- Please note: an additional £250 airport tax applies to each of the above cost options
15-24 November 2019
15-24 May 2020
31 July-9 August 2020
6-15 November 2020
Sign UpSign Up Nov '19 Sign Up May '20 Sign Up Jul '20 Sign Up Nov '20
The trek takes place three times every year and is one of the many walks and treks that we offer. For more information, please visit the Global Adventure Challenges website or contact our events team.